Monday, October 8, 2012

Eclectic Chic...Vintage Desk Redo...

I love to restyle Vintage Desks.  They tend to be quality pieces with solid wood and ample storage unlike the cheap MDF desks you can buy today. 
 
 
 
I recently found this beauty and she is definitely a quality piece.  She is super solid and quite heavy!!  Solid wood and dovetailed construction.
 
She also has fabulous details and design.
 
 
 
This is the first piece I have ever painted with chalk paint and it turned out nicely.  I used some latex paint I had in a slight off white hue....Honey Milk.  I mixed in some Plaster of Paris to thicken up the paint.  It was strange at first painting with such thick paint but it covered nicely.  I have heard you only need one coat with chalk paint but this was not the case with the desk.  It required several coats to give it the look I wanted. 
 
 
 
The chalk paint dries quickly and distressed nicely.  I highlighted the decorative details on the desk with some sanding.  I then used a clear wax on the surface.
 
 
 
She is sitting pretty in Booth G021 and is priced to sell at a low price of only $148!  I have many other pieces waiting their turn for a spot so I priced this beauty so she can find her new home quickly!
 
 
 
Please stop by and take a look at all three of my booths - G021, C096 and J08 - for an Eclectic Mix of Antiques, Vintage, Shabby Chic, Industrial and more to suit every one's tastes!
 
 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
My next blog I will share the most fabulous Sideboard with Secretary that I have ever seen (she is also avaialble in booth G021)....
 
 
 
Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. That desk is just great, love it! that sideboard is so pretty--very different than I have seen before. Love that too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, the sideboard is like nothing I have ever seen before! I hate parting with it but just have no room in my house for more furniture!

      Delete