Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Stunning Dresser Restyle!

Wow, I have been busy!  Last week we had our vacation in the Outer Banks, North Carolina and the weather was fabulous.  It was so much fun! 
 
 
 
Today our 5 children returned to school!  Our twins started high school today, one started Middle School and our two youngest are in 2nd and 3rd grade!  This year the school year started two weeks early so I have been busy trying to get vacations in, school supplies ready and clothes shopping done.  No wonder my posts have been absent!
 
Today I am sharing a Fabulous Vintage Dresser that I restyled.  She is a beauty! 

 
 
Solid wood with original drawer pulls and drawers that glide nicely.  That is always a plus!  Dovetailed drawer construction as well. 


Lovely details on the drawers.

 
 Original Mirror that has such a lovely shape!


 
I painted the drawers my custom off white color that I named Sterling.  I painted the remaining dresser gray which complimented the drawer color and the piece perfectly!

 
 
 
 I distressed this piece lightly with a sanding block.  No palm sander as I wanted to keep the distressing to a minimal.



 
 
I then applied a clear wax.

 
 
She made her way to Heritage Square Antique Mall where she only stayed a day or so before she was purchased for a nursery for a couple's first baby due in November.  This piece will look gorgeous in a nursery! 
What a lucky baby!


 
 
I have since filled the void in my booth with an Antique Solid Wood Drop Leaf Table done in these same colors.  The top is grey and the base the off white.  It is gorgeous!
 
Booth G20, G21 and C96

 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg Exit
 
Please also take a minute to look at my Facebook Page Eclectic Design Inc by clicking here.
Follow us on Facebook to see new items as they arrive at the mall.
 
Thank you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment