Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lovely Transformation.....

As soon as I saw this piece I knew I liked it.  It took me awhile to definitely commit to purchasing it as I have never been drawn to this style of furniture which is sometimes referred to as Depression Era or Waterfall pieces.  But after my transformation on the piece below which turned out super pretty and sold within 24 hours I decided to give this next piece a chance.


 
She is a lovely Highboy or Chest of Drawers - I have heard this style referred to as both.  I prefer Chest of Drawers as when I picture a Highboy I picture a piece with many drawers on legs. 
Below is a Vintage Highboy I restyled.
 
 
This piece definitely does not have legs but she has some pretty feet!
 

 
Along with the pretty feet she has an unusual carved floral piece on top.  The lines along the sides and on the feet paired with the floral carving on top and the draped swags on the hat door make me think this was a transitional piece.  Somewhat of an Art Deco influence with Art Nouveau mixed in!
 



 
The drawers are solid and well made with dovetailed sides.  The fronts of the drawers had the geometric wood grain patterns.  I know some of you may cringe when you see that I painted them.  She had to have a complete face lift!
 
 
Sorry - I have no before photos with the drawers in as they came home the day prior to the case and were already painted. 
 
 
I gave this beauty three coats of paint in an off white that I mix myself and have named Sterling as it has a very slight hint of grey.  The case received three coats of a soft mint green. 
 


 
I distressed her in all the right places, she received a coat of clear wax and I returned the fabulous Original Hardware to the drawers and door.
 



 
Aren't they great!  Possibly Bakelite but I did not test them.  Either way they are stunning.
 
 
She just made her debut in Booth G21
 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg Exit
 
Booths G20, G21 and C96
 
Remember Heritage Square does offer Lay Away on items priced $100 or more.  30% down and 30 days to pay the remainder.
 
Also please visit my Facebook Page Eclectic Design Inc
"Like" my page to receive updates when new items arrive at Heritage Square Antique Mall
 
Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment