Monday, July 22, 2013

Nothing Depressing Anymore....

I purchased this Depression Era Chest of Drawers from an antique dealer friend of mine who has a great eye for pieces that I would love to restyle!  This piece is Solid Wood with dovetailed drawers front and back.  Original hardware on the bottom 3 drawers. 
 


I usually refer to furniture pieces as a female but this piece, at least in the before state, looks more like masculine to me. 
 
 
 He had great details in the wood with contrasting wood grains.  Yes, I painted over this but I knew he would look much better with an updated look.
 
 
The Original Pulls below have a great design and great lines as well. 

 
The curved front top is also a nice feature.  As well as the linear details on the sides at the top and along each of the front sides.  Then at the bottom there is a chunky linear detail.  I knew I could pretty this piece up!
 
 
I decided to paint this a pale mint green and it was definitely the right choice.  I ended up doing three coats to make him perfect!
 

 
I lightly distressed it in all the right places but not too much.  That was followed by a coat of clear wax.
 

 
This Depression Era Chest turned into a lively, happy piece.  Nothing depressing here!
 

 
He sold from my home in less than a day before I even had a chance to take it in to one of my booths!  The new owner loved it the moment she set eyes on this piece!  "I'll take it!" 
 I am glad it is going to a wonderful new home that the couple is busy decorating in a Shabby Chic style which is going to be primarily white or neutral in colors with pops of color here and there. 
What fun! 
 
Please stop by my facebook page Eclectic Design Inc and like our page to receive updates when new pieces are restyled.
 
Please also visit my booths if you are local or when you are in town.
 
Booths G20, G21 and C96
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I-70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg Exit
 
G20 and G21 near the register and C96 right up the aisle from there on the left.
 
Thank you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment