Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Almost mine...

I have been seeing the most beautiful bedrooms posted on Facebook and Pinterest and was dreaming of making over my own bedroom. 
 
My Inspiration:
 
 
 
An antique dealer that I know had a fabulous Vintage Solid Wood Full Size Bed for sale.  It was not like the bed in the photo above but she was abeauty so I purchased it to eventually incorporate into my own room. 
 

 
 
Isn't she pretty?
 
Somewhat to my dismay my husband decided he likes the bed we currently have better.  Since I originally envisioned an antique iron bed like the one in the first photo I decided to part with this beauty.
 

 
 
The bed has a nice large headboard with pretty details.  Carved accent at the top, petite finials and nice trim.  The footboard was just as nice with trim and capped finials.
 

 
 
The finish was nice but I just knew she would look stunning in off white!  I painted the bed with a custom paint color that I call "Sterling".  It is an off white with just a hint of grey.  Beautiful just like sterling jewelry!
 

 
The bed received three coats of paint.  I then lightly distressed the details in all the places that would naturally have some wear.  That was followed with a clear wax.
 


 
The bed turned out even better than I imagined! 
 

 
 
This piece was a custom paint job and was purchased for their daughter.  What a  lucky girl!  I was pleased to hear they love the bed!  My customer thinks it turned out beautiful and that the distressing was done perfectly!  It is always nice to receive a compliment! 
 
 
 
The bed would have been a nice start to my own bedroom makeover but I am thrilled it will be enjoyed by a nice young lady and perhaps passed down through the family.  I also did a custom paint job on a Vintage French Provincial Dresser with Hutch and a Vintage French Provincial Night Table for the same family.  I will probably be writing about those transformations at a later time.
 
If you are local to Columbus, Ohio and need a custom paint job please contact me.  I would be happy to work with you on a piece you already have or perhaps a piece I have that is waiting it's turn.
 
Also please stop by my booths if you are in town.
 
Booths G20, G21 and C96
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg Exit.
 
Follow us on Facebook as well to see our current inventory   and new pieces as we take them to Heritage Square.             Click here to visit Eclectic Design Inc
 
Thank you and Sweet Dreams!
 

2 comments: