Friday, July 5, 2013

Vintage French Provincial to Stunning French Provincial....

This Vintage Set was a Fabulous Find!  Matching Vintage French Provincial Dresser with Mirror and Nightstand!  These are Solid Wood and well made, quality pieces.  The dresser weighs a ton!! 

 
 
The finish was in pretty good condition when I picked up the set but I knew this set would be a head turner painted in a Shabby Chic style!
 
 
 
I used a Chalk Paint that I mixed myself with Plaster of Paris.  I mixed it with a Latex Paint which is a custom color of my own called "Sterling".  It is an off white with just a slight hint of a pale grey.  Super pretty!
 
 
 
I gave the set two coats of paint.  After the paint had plenty of time to dry I distressed it slightly, waxed it with a clear wax and replaced the original vintage hardware.
 
 
 
This set sold within days of arriving at Heritage Square Antique Mall.  The Mirror however is still available as the lady who purchased the set lives in a Cape Cod style house and the bedrooms have slanted ceilings and the walls could not accommodate a mirror of this size.  The mirror was designed to either attach to the dresser or hang on a wall. 
 
This bedroom set went from having potential to Stunning!
 
Please stop by my booths to see the Mirror or other Stunning Restyled Pieces.
 
Booths G20, G21 and C96
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, Ohio
 
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I 70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg exit.
 
Also please visit our Facebook page Eclectic Design Inc.  "Like" our page to see new arrivals at the mall! 
 
 
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment