Monday, July 1, 2013

I Must Remember to Take Before Photos....

A fellow Antique Dealer dropped this beauty off at my house last month.  An Antique Double Serpentine Chest.  Solid Oak with Original Hardware and an Attached Mirror.  I knew right away she would look beautiful in the new paint color I had just picked out!
 
I apologize but I do not have any Before Photos.  I did this piece right before I started blogging again and it slipped my mind to take a photo.
 
 
 
She was in excellent condition with only one small piece of a foot chipped off.  Thankfully that piece was in the drawer!!  I was so happy with that find!  I used some wood glue and a clamp and the foot was like new again!
 
I used latex paint and did not mix it up as chalk paint this time.  After the paint dried I used a variable sander to distress the chest.  The distressing came out beautiful!  I then used a clear wax paste to seal the paint. 
 
 
 
I took this piece into my booth at Heritage Square Antique Mall when she sold within 24 - 48 hours of her arrival!  She definitely was a head turner!
 
 
 
I picked up a great Antique Chest of Drawers today and I am contemplating painting it this same color.  I WILL take Before Photos of this next project!  Promise!
 
Stop by my booths -
 
G20, G21 and C96
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg exit.
 
Thank you

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I walk by your booth on the way to my booth back in the corner (C-138) I always love looking at your furniture. I haven't got my blog up and running yet but you can check me out on FB if you'd like. https://www.facebook.com/Funky.Junk.Antiques.and.Furniture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will make sure to stop by your booth next time I am at the mall. I will go check your FB now.
      Stop by and introduce yourself if you ever see me in one of the booths. I have the two up front - G20 and G21 and also C96

      Delete