Thursday, June 27, 2013

Traditional Design with a Shabby Update!

If you read my last blog post I talked about two Vintage Chests that I purchased from the same gentleman with the tops of both being painted black.  I am not sure why they were painted but I know they did not look good with the tops painted black.
 
The Brickwede piece from the previous blog:
 
Before:
 
 
And After:
 
 
 
The second  piece is a Vintage Block Front Chest which is quite lovely with Shell Carvings and Original Hardware.  Solid wood and a well made quality piece of furniture.  A very traditional design with a shabby update!
 

 
 
I used an off white paint that I mixed myself.  I named this paint color "Sterling".   When painting a piece of furniture it looks off white,  in the paint can it has a slight grey tint to it like a piece of beautiful sterling jewelry. 
 



 
 
This paint I also mixed as a chalk paint.
 
I gave the chest two coats of paint and then lightly distressed it after it dried.  I waxed the piece with clear paste wax and returned the original hardware to the drawers. 
 
 
 
She is definitely stunning!  She lasted only a couple days at Heritage Square Antique Mall.
 
 
 
Please stop by my booths - G20, G21 and C96
 
 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg Exit 110
 
614-864-8722
 
Booths G20  G21  C96
 
Please take a minute and look at our Facebook page as well - Eclectic Design Inc.  "Like" my page so you may be notified when new pieces have arrived at the mall or when I may have pieces available at my house in Bexley, Ohio.
 
 
Thank you!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment