Thursday, June 20, 2013

I am Back Blogging with a Beauty!

Wow, time flies when you have five children, three antique booths plus a booth at The Scott's Antique Market!  It is hard to believe it has been six months since I posted on here!  I am going to try my best to get back into the swing of it and post again on a regular basis.  I figured this week would be a great time to start - all five of our children are at horse camp for the week!
 
I am going to start with a Beautiful Vintage China Cabinet that I just finished restyling and delivered to Heritage Square Antique Mall just today.
 
Before:
 
 
 

 
She started out a beauty in her original state but now she will definitely turn heads! 
 
After:
 
 
 
This piece is a petite cabinet and is super unique on legs and with a drawer.  It looks like she has a bit of William and Mary influence in her design.
 
I painted this piece with regular paint from Lowes.  I have been making my own chalk paint for some time now but decided to use paint straight out of the can for this piece.  It is a custom color that I mixed on my own and I have Lowes mix it for me with their custom paint machine.  It appears white or off white at first but it does have a very slight grey tint to it.  I call it "Sterling" - my favorite jewelry by far!
 
I painted the interior an aqua blue and it looks stunning on her. 
 
I lightly distressed the piece, waxed it and replaced the original hardware. 
 
 
 
It was tough parting with this one today but alas my house is full already and I am not ready just yet to part with any existing pieces!  She arrived this afternoon to Booth G21.
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
I have three booths at the Mall.
 
G20
G21
C96
 
Please stop by and take a look and also stop by my Facebook page - Eclectic Design Inc. Click Here Please....     There you will find a lot of photos of pieces currently available at HSAM.  "Like" my page to receive notices when we take new pieces into the shop.
 
I am excited to share many new pieces with you and hope that you will follow my blog via email or my facebook page!
 
Thank you

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! Definitely a head turner now!
    Best Wishes and Blessings,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I just posted a new blog today...please stop by and read it when you get a chance.
      Thanks

      Delete