Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vintage Brickwede Chest...Formal to FUN!

Vintage Formal Chest made by the Brickwede Furniture Company.  A fabulous Petite Chest that would work in many settings from a dining room to hold silver to a living room to a bedside table.  This piece is a quality made, solid wood piece. 
 
 
When I purchased this beauty someone had already painted the top black.  Not sure why...perhaps they had set too many drinking glasses on top and there were water rings.  Perhaps they liked the black top?  I am not sure...I bought two pieces from the same gentleman and both were painted black on the top?!?
 
The other piece with the top painted black:
 
 
 
WHY??
 
 
The top of the piece being painted black was the only blemish on this piece.  I considered sanding it down and refinishing it but I wanted to give her an update....a FUN update!
 
 
 
Originally I planned to paint the entire piece but the wood grain was so pretty and the finish perfect!  So I opted for painting just the case.  I decided on the shade of aqua blue for the fun factor. 
 
 
I painted it with a shade of blue that I mixed myself.  I also mixed my own chalk paint for this piece.  I completed the job with a light distressing and clear paste wax.  The hardware is original to the piece.
 
 
 
This chest could have easily been a keeper for me if I had a mansion large enough to hold all my favorite finds and items I have restyled!  Unfortunately I do not. 
 
 
 
 
Please stop by and Visit our Three Booths:  G20, G21 and C96.  We just went in today and created our Fourth of July display.  Perhaps that will be my next post.
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Columbus, Ohio
Just off of I70 at the Brice Road North Reynoldsburg exit
 
Booths G20, G21 and C96
 
Also please visit us on Facebook and "Like" our page to see more photos of our booths and our inventory!

Click Here for Facebook Page Please!
 
 
Thank you.

 

2 comments: