Monday, October 1, 2012

Bun Feet - How Fabulous!!

I love Bun Feet on Furniture and I love them even more when they are on a Vintage Piece!  Nowadays they just screw the round feet to the base of a piece of furniture.  In the past they took pride in their work and the bun feet were part of a lovely turned leg.
 
   
 
This Vintage Dresser was somewhat of a mess when I found her.  So much so that my daughter told me I should pass on buying it.  But those turned legs with bun feet were calling my name!!
 
 
Sorry about the before photo - unfortunately it is the only one I have and it was taken by the previous owner.
 
This dresser was made by the Cavelier Furniture Company.  She retains here original drawer pulls and she is a well built piece with dovetailed drawer construction.  I knew with a little help she would shine!!
 
I started by sanding the top drawer where someone in the past tried to make a repair but made a mess with some wood glue instead! Two of the drawers needed small repairs with wood putty.  I applied the wood putty, let it dry, sanded it smooth to align with the drawer front and painted it. 
Much Better!!
 
 
 
I painted this piece with chalk paint.  I then distressed the piece and she distressed quite nicely!  The dresser has a carved shell design on the top drawer and a bullet design at the bottom.  Both look lovely painted and distressed to show them off!
 
 
 
She turned out Beautiful! 
 
 
 
I also painted a fabulous kneehole desk and will share that this week as well.
 
 
 
Please stop by my booths at Heritage Square Antique Mall to see other fabulous pieces such as this.  I have three booths:  G021, C096 and J08.  I have an Eclectic Mix of Antiques, Shabby Chic, Modern and Vintage furniture and decor pieces.
 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall is located at 1865 Brice Rd at the corner of Brice Road and Livingston Ave.  Just a couple blocks off of I70 at the Brice Rd North Reynoldsburg Exit.
614-864-8722
They do offer lay away!
 
 
Thanks!

3 comments: