Monday, October 29, 2012

Eclectic Chic...Shabby to Chic China Cabinet....

This is another piece that I have had for about a year and just finally got around to restyling her....wow!  Did she turn out to be a beauty! 
 
 
When I purchased her she had great bones but was a little rough around the edges.  She had some chips in the decorative trim, some scrapes, bruises and one door was stuck shut.  But she had great potential!  Solid wood, mortise and tenon construction and a hidden secretary in the top drawer.  And the metal mesh (what do you call that stuff?) in the doors - wow!  I love that stuff! 
 
 
 
 
 
I painted this piece with an off white chalk paint.  It did take two coats to get proper coverage.  I then painted the interior with a fabulous blue that I mixed myself.  I love the shade of blue!!  It made the piece! 
 
 
I distressed the cabinet in all the right places even the interior.  She is dressed up in her original hardware. 
 
 
 
She is very stunning and I have received many compliments on her. 
 
 
 
I picked up another stunning Vintage China Cabinet this weekend.  This one is about the same height, a little wider, has three large doors with the convex glass (wow!) and again a secretary in the top drawer!  I hope to share her transformation soon so someone can take her to her new home in time for the holidays.
 
 
 
Please visit my booths - G021, C096 and J08 at Heritage Square Antique Mall.  There you will find an eclectic mix of Shabby Chic, Industrial, Vintage and Antique pieces.  There are some fabulous buys to be had!  I also just took in two wonderful pieces.  I love them so!  I wish I could keep them.  Once is an Antique Vanity with Tri Fold Mirror and the other could be used as a Vanity, Desk or Sofa Table.  I am hoping I have some before photos of these two pieces so I can share them with you later this week!
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, OH
614-864-8722
 
Just off  I70 at the Brice Rd. North Reynoldsburg exit.
 
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment