Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Eclectic Chic...An Heirloom Restyled...

I purchased a fabulous Vintage Breakfront or China Cabinet from an estate sale a friend and fellow dealer was having at her in laws house.  This piece was a prized possession of the family.  The Grandmother had originally purchased this piece in New Hampshire and then the daughter had inherited it.  The family was thrilled that I purchased it as they had faith I would breathe new life back into this piece that meant so much to their Mother and Grandmother.
 
The Breakfront is stunning with Convex Glass on the doors, a Secretary hidden in the top drawer, lots of display space and ample hidden storage.  And the Original Hardware!  Wow - it is super pretty and all intact.
 
 
I considered leaving it as is but after my last China Cabinet restyle (that I loved) I wanted to do another one!
 
 
I started by painting the interior of the top a shade of blue that I mixed myself.  I used chalk paint on the entire piece.  I then followed by painting the exterior of the top and the base in an off white chalk paint. 
 
 
 
Next I painted the doors.  To do this I used wax paper that I slid between the wood design and the glass.  The little bit of paint I did get on the glass I wiped off when wet or I scraped off later with my fingernail.  I did not trust to use a putty knife on this convex glass! 
 
 
 
 
I distressed all the pieces, loaded it on the truck and took it to Booth G021 at Heritage Square Antique Mall.  There we put her all back together and wow - she was stunning!  The dealer friend of mine that I bought the piece from was there and she was so pleased at the outcome!  She was glad that I purchased it and that it will be finding a new home that will treasure it as much as her family had.
 
 
 
 
 
And the Secretary in the Top Drawer:
 
 
Close Up Photos:
 
 
 
The Breakfront can be seen in booth G021.  I have two other booths as well - C096 and J08.  I have an Eclectic Mix of Shabby Chic, Vintage, Original Antique Pieces and Industrial Chic.
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, Ohio
 
Just off of  I70 at the Brice Rd North Reynoldsburg Exit
 
614-864-8722
 
Thank you!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Lisa! The last one I did a few weeks ago sold in three days. I think the size of this one has scared people off about buying it as quickly! But it does came in two after removing some screws. I do have a potential buyer waiting for measurements though! =)

    ReplyDelete