Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Eclectic Chic...Tiger Oak...Wow!

 
 
 
This is yet another piece that I love!!  I purchased this piece and several others from a man who loves to restore furniture.  With a large family he no longer had the time for restoration and decided to part with some of his treasures. 
 
 
This originally was a vanity and the Vantity Mirror came to me in many parts.  I planned on having my husband rebuild it but unfortunately the largest of the three mirrors was broken. 
 
So a desk it is!  And a lovely desk at that!
 
 
This Vintage piece is fabulous!  Solid Wood, Dovetailed Drawers, petite legs and Queen Anne feet.  And the best part....the Tiger Oak wood!  The wood grain on the top was just gorgeous!  I have never sanded and refinished a wood piece before - I have always painted them.  I could not bring myself to touch the top with a paint brush!
 
 
Out came my new DeWalt Orbital Variable Speed Sander that I love (a gift from my husband).  I sanded the top to the bare wood grain and it was gorgeous!  I then applied a few coats of stain that brought the beauty out even more!
 
 
I painted the sides and legs and lightly distressed them.  I did change the drawer pulls as I misplaced one of the original pulls during the restyling of this piece!  I later found it but I liked the look of the replaced hardware and opted to leave them.
 
 
The painted area then received a coat of clear wax.
 
 
 
The Chair is one I had for months sitting in my garage waiting it's turn to be transformed.  I am glad it waited and waited and was not painted and reupholstered as it looks fabulous with the desk!  The original upholstery on the chair looks like it is custom to go with the desk. 
 
 
Isn't she much prettier than your plain old computer desk?  Or use her as a vanity or Bedside Table.  Behind a sofa or Entryway Table.  I love when a piece is so versatile and you can move it to various rooms when you are redecorating!
 
 
 
Both pieces are available for purchase in booth G021 at Heritage Square Antique Mall.  I do have them priced separately in case you already have an existing desk chair.
 
 
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Columbus, Ohio
614-864-8722
 
A couple blocks off of I 70 at the Brice Rd North Reynoldsburg Exit
 
Please stop by my other two booths - C096 and J08 for more fabulous finds.
 
I will also be at the Scott's Antique Mall the weekend after Thanksgiving at The Ohio State Fairgrounds.  There will be TWO buildings full of vendors and treasures galore!  Stop by and say hi!  I will be in booths 2247 and 2248 in the Main Building.
 
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment