Monday, August 6, 2012

A Little Birdy Told Me...

This fabulous Antique Handcrafted Chest came to me in an unattractive green color.  The photo below is the first photo of saw of the piece and I thought I would like the color....to me it looked like it had some blue in it.  When my husband and I carried it out of the house and into the sunlight we realized: Nope, it is an ugly green!

Before:


This is a Great Petite Chest.  Solid Wood, Dovetailed Drawers and Original Brass Locks in the Drawers. 

You will have to excuse me for lack of in between photos....I was in a rush to get many pieces done as I was totally transforming one of my three booths at Heritage Square Antique Mall.


Here are a couple shots of the drawers after I stenciled.


I did paint the chest.  I did not like the green...it was too green.  The color I painted it is a custom paint that my husband and I came up with for our house.  Our entry way, stairway and living room are painted this color.  It is like a dark deep blue with a hint of green in it.  So hard to describe but such a beautiful color!

Our Living Room in this color:


I stenciled the birds and branches on the drawers - it was my first time every stenciling anything!!  I moved the stencils around and played with them a lot so it would not look like a bird stencil you will see on any other piece of furniture....I wanted it to be a unique and original piece.


I lightly sanded the drawers and the rest of the chest as I did not want the stenciling to look new and crisp!  I wanted it to look like it had some age to it.



 I applied a coat of clear wax to seal and protect the top and the stenciling.


She is available for sale in my J08 Booth at
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd  Reynoldsburg, Ohio
614-864-8722


The booth was recently transformed and all the items are new to the mall!


The chest would look wonderful in any room from the entry way to living area to bedrooms and more!


She is an Original, One of a Kind piece!



Please see my other booths while shopping at Heritage Square Antique Mall - C096 and G021

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment