Friday, August 17, 2012

Parting is Such Sweet Sorrow....

I have done it once again...I rescued the sweetest little dresser, revamped her and fell in love with the piece!  If only I had a larger house....or if only I could part with the furniture I already have!  I am secretly hoping my daughter sees it before it makes it's way to my booth! 

So I found this Sweet Little Vintage Piece with Original French Hardware.    Sorry there are no photos of the dresser before in it's entirety but at least I am getting better at getting some before photos!


Beautiful Bow Front Dresser Drawers


Original Vintage French Hardware


Double Bow Front Dresser


The Perfect Size for a Dresser!  Just enough space for your clothes without overwhelming your room!

I started with a good cleaning, removing the hardware and then a coat of primer to the dresser case and the drawers.


I painted the cabinet of the dresser an off white that I mixed myself.  I then painted the drawers a pale blue. 


 I love this color combination!


I lightly distressed the piece and gave it a coat of clear wax and replaced the fabulous Original Hardware.


Isn't she beautiful?  She is such a Keeper!!  I really need to learn to part with the furniture I have had for years so I can keep some of these pieces!!


Below is a close up the hardware....so pretty!  And quality made!


The blue below shows the true hue better than the close up shot above.


Pretty little feet too!


Sadly (for me) she is loaded and ready to make her debut in Booth J08 at

Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Road
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
614-864-8722



Please see our other Two Booths - G021 and C096 for an Eclectic Mix of Furniture and Decor Items.  I sometimes move furniture from one booth to another if I need to make room for a larger piece so if you look for a certain item in one booth and cannot locate it please look in the other two as you may find it there!

See you soon - I have another Dresser I am working on and then on to the nicest Vintage China Cabinet!!  I have some fabulous pieces waiting to be restyled!!

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment