Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Empire Strikes Back....

My six year old son is such a fan of Star Wars - I could not resist the title of this blog!

Here is a nice Empire Table I picked up a few weeks ago.  She was in pretty good condition and I considered not painting this piece.  The finish was dry and she would  need a good coat of wax to give her back a shine.  That is easily done. 


See the dull finish on the top?


 But....she had some veneer missing just to the right of the drawer.  You can see it in the photo below.  It is just a tiny bit missing but it gave me just enough reason to paint this beauty!


I love that there is a drawer!  This piece would be fabulous behind a sofa, in an entry way to hold keys, as a bed side table or even as a desk!


I filled in the small place where she was missing veneer with wood putty and sanded it smooth so you would not notice it.  I then painted her a fabulous Blue which turned out to be striking on this piece!  Just the right color!


I lightly distressed the piece as I wanted her to show some age and not be perfect!


She looks stunning in blue!  I am so glad I did not leave her with her original finish!


From every angle...



 I love the columns legs and how feet turn under!  What great details!



The base and the feet were also distressed to show off her original wood below the paint.


I gave her a coat of wax which turned out super nice.  She has a shine to her and is super soft to the touch.  This piece just turned out to be more beautiful than I imagined!


She is available for sale in Booth J08 at
Heritage Square Antique Mall
1865 Brice Rd
Reynoldsburg, Ohio
614-864-8722


Please visit our two other booths - G021 and C096 for an Eclectic Mix of Furniture and Accents Pieces.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment