Thursday, July 26, 2012

Antique Victorian Table Turned Shabby Chic...

I am not a fan of Victorian Furniture at all.  I have none in my own house and I rarely buy any Victorian pieces.  To me they are over the top and too ornate!  Just too busy.  But when I saw this Petite Antique Victorian Table I had to buy it!  I think it is the size and the fact that you can use it as a coffee table....unique for a Victorian piece.

Here she is as found: 



She was in fabulous condition with the exception of one flaw on the top near the side.  Something had eaten away at the finish and left a bad spot on the top. 


The worn spot was a bit rough so I sanded it a bit prior to painting and before taking the Before Photo.  I hope to remember some day soon to take the before photos before doing anything to a piece!


 The Table has Nice Legs with great carved details.


I decided to use a Blue Paint on this piece to make it an Eclectic Piece.  Victorian Meets Shabby Chic!  And the color choice was Perfect!




I lightly distressed the top and the base. The legs turned out fabulous!
I applied a coat of Clear Paste Wax to protect and seal the piece.

I wish all pieces would distress as nicely and easy as this piece did!  The distressing accented the spoon carved designs on the legs and helped this table show just enough age and wear.


Her legs are stunning!





 The top has just the right amount of distressing.


This fabulous Restyled Table is being showcased in Booth G021 at Heritage Square Antique Mall.


She has only been there one day and I have a feeling this table will not last long!  Pieces I paint in this shade of blue seem to sell quickly!


The table is very versatile as it would make a fantastic coffee table as seen here or it would also work as a side or end table as well. 


The Rug is also for sale and this table picks up the blues in the rug and looks fabulous.  It is a hand woven rug from the Middle East.  It was purchased at Menendian Rugs in Grandview. 


Please stop by G021 to see this beauty and C096 and J08 for other fabulous finds!


Heritage Square Antique Mall is located in Reynoldsburg, Ohio at 1865 Brice Rd.  614-864-8722


Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. You're good, girl.........sooo pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, do you mind sharing what the blue is??
    Email me at PICKINandPAINTIN@gmail.com. ???

    ReplyDelete