Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Am in Love....

I am in love with this Vintage China Cabinet!!  However it was not love at first sight.

Before Photo:







I was hesitant to buy the piece as it is on the smaller side but would be perfect for a small room or an apartment. 

I primed the piece as seen below but still was not crazy about the china cabinet.  Below are photos of it primed:


I love that it has drawers on the bottom half instead of a cabinet.  Most pieces like this have the doors on the bottom half and I prefer drawers for storage instead.


It also has fantastic details such as the floral carvings and the fluted design along the legs. 

I painted it with a top coat of Milk Honey paint which is an Off White Paint and perfect for this piece!




I lightly distressed the Cabinet and fell in love with it immediately!  It was exactly what this piece needed to make it extra special!  The floral carvings and the fluting and the molding around the top just popped with the distressing!

I thought about keeping this piece as I just painted my living room a few days ago and thought the color of this piece would look stunning on these walls!  Unfortunately I had no room for it without replacing pieces I have owned for many years and I am not ready to part with yet.


She is now available in Booth G021 at Heritage Square Antique Mall in Reynoldsburg, Ohio




   She looks beautiful with all the small  pretties displayed inside!


The details and the original hardware make this piece!



She is priced to sell as I just picked up a Fabulous Vintage Dresser with Matching Wall Mirror, Tempered Glass Top and Matching Night Stand.  I am anxious to get started on them and get them to the mall!  Stop by and take a look at all three of my booths...G021, C096 and J08. 

Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. That is a gorgeous cabinet and looks great in white. GOOD JOB.

    ReplyDelete